All vessel moorings, including  swinging moorings; foreshore and running moorings; trot or pile moorings, marina berths, boatyard moorings etc are required to be licensed by Crouch Harbour Authority.

The licences are very inexpensive (currently £75.00 for three years, irrespective of the number of moorings covered by the licence).

The Mooring Licence is required irrespective of the ownership of the land/foreshore/river bed: ie you need a mooring licence even if the ground belongs to you. The mooring licence cannot, of course create any right to establish a mooring on ground belonging to another.

Any person seeking to establish a new mooring, or to keep or maintain moorings which are not currently licensed should contact the Harbour Office.